The Department of Facility Management is located at 2800 West 7th Avenue with a satellite office for Construction Services Division located at 1350 E. 33rd Avenue. Facility Management includes the Operations Division, Maintenance Division, Construction Services and Planning, and the Community Use Department. Facility Management manages over 13.9 million square feet of enclosed building space in 160 schools located in 135 DPS owned facilities and 8 Administrative facilities, and just under 2,000 acres. 17% of our facilities are registered historic landmarks. We are the 2nd largest facility manager in the city (after City and County of Denver). DPS students are also served in 15 non-DPS owned facilities including district-leased space at 3 facilities. The average age of DPS owned facilities is over 55 years.
The mission of Facility Management is to provide a safe, clean, and quality educational environment for all DPS students and staff; quality customer service both internally and externally, and to promote operations that are environmentally and economically efficient, effective and sustainable.
To become the No. 1 Urban School District in the Nation. A forward-looking 21 Century Facilities Department that provides state of the art educational environments through innovation and continuous improvement.
Our Core Values
Enhancing student achievement, providing the highest quality staff, systematic communication with stakeholders, effective resource management and superior customer service.
The governance and growth of aesthetic, historically relevant, academically focused sustainable, energy intelligent and environmentally friendly schools and their infrastructure.
Our Department is responsible for:
- Managing all capital projects for construction, remodeling, and renovation of our educational and support facilities;
- Prioritizing and maintaining a database for facility improvements that can be used for critical maintenance repair, project prioritizations, and for future bond planning;
- Planning for future growth and academic initiatives;
- Providing the infrastructure necessary to support these needs through strategic planning and asset management;
- Managing, coordinating and providing, maintenance and custodial services;
- Coordinating, scheduling, and managing building and facility use
- In conjunction with the academic mission, update and maintain the Districts standards for the Educational Specifications and Technical guidelines that are used to design our schools.
- Academic achievement!
The 607 FTE and approximately 245 part-time employees within Facility Management are dedicated and committed to a safe, clean environment, innovative partnerships with all segments of the District and Community and to building a bright future for every student.
News and Information
- 2013 Drought Response
- Certification Statement Regarding Illegal Aliens
- Power Outage Memorandum 2014
- Have questions about Environmental Quality?
- Facility Management Safety Division
- To Report a Facility Safety Concern
- Critical Guidance for Principals
- Facilities Reports
- Refuse Removal and Recycling
- AHERA Management Plan Notice:
– English Version
– Spanish Verison
– Russian Version
– Somalian Version
– Vietnamese Version
– Arabic Version
• Guidelines for Public use of HS Athletic Fields Tracks and Tennis Courts
- Tririga Principal’s Report Link